Guide to Create GIF 
We live in a world where most of our communication and interaction takes place online and GIFs have been on the rise. The reason seems pretty simple. If a picture can speak a thousand words, then an animated GIF should probably reach a million, right? GIFs are a brilliant way to describe the feelings where words fail to do the trick. The marketers have been quick to use the idea of GIFs to grab the attention of their audiences and convey their information in a fun way. We share some essential tips on how you can create a GIF on your own.
Creating GIFs from Video
- com: This is the best tool to go to if you wish to create a GIF out of a YouTube video, Instagram post, or a Vine. All this requires is, for you to copy and paste the URL of the video you want to make a GIF from and let the app do the rest. The app has a lot of features that let you edit, add captions as well as crop images.
- Giphy GIF Maker: Giphy has some of the best online GIF collections in its database. You can also create your own GIFs by pasting the URL links of the videos or uploading a video file of your own. Giphy features an easy-to-use and friendly interface that allows the user to choose the duration of the GIF and the point in the video from where he/she would want to make the GIF from.
Stitching Photos Together
- Giphy Slideshow: To use the slideshow, all you have to do is pick the still images or GIFs you would like to be a part of your slideshow. After that, decide the order you want them to be in and the duration of the still images before each change. And you are good to go!
- me: Gifmaker.me is another useful tool that you can use to stitch your photos together and create a GIF of your own. Its ‘Control Panel’ enables the users to customize their GIFs by allowing them to alter the canvas size and the speed of the transitions. The users can also decide the number of times the GIFs should play in a loop.
- Imgflip: Using this app, you can not only create a GIF using multiple images but you can also convert a video into GIFs. Additionally, you can edit your GIFs by adding texts to it. Since GIFs don’t come with a sound, adding texts can be an effective way to convey the message along with the animation.
Editing a GIF
- GIF Editor: Giphy’s GIF Editor is a brilliant tool that lets the users edit the GIFs created by them or any online archived ones from the GIF library. You can add stickers and use amazing filters to enhance your GIFs. To start editing, you just have to choose a GIF file from your computer or a GIF URL from an online source and then add stickers or choose from the expansive range of filters available at Giphy to make the GIF even more attractive. You can also edit a caption or text in the GIF before you are to share it on your social media pages or wherever you want to share it.
Creating a Screencast GIF
- CloudApp: By using CloudApp, the users can create GIFs directly from their computer screens. The app allows the user to take screen recordings or record a webcam video and much more. The user can later stitch both of these recordings together to create a web-tutorial, say, for example, a manager may use it to show a customer how to use a product, and so on.
- Recordit: Recordit is similar to CloudApp. It allows the users to select a section of their screen to create GIFs. It is like a software that you can simply download on your Windows or MAC computer and get started.
As the usage of social media continues to hit an all-time high, you can cash on this rise by creating powerful GIFs to promote your content in an eye-catching and engaging way. Always remember to design your GIFs keeping the mobile users in mind so you can reach a larger audience.